The training and nurturing of Young Professionals (“YPs or YP”) has become one of the highest objectives in the financial services industry. Without proper mentoring, YPs will not reach their potential, in an industry that is not structurally suited for the previously disadvantaged.
ABSIP YP seeks to bridge the gap between Student Development with Seasoned professionals.
We exist to solve the problem of:
- Lack of substantive transformation in the Financial Services Charter (“FSC”)
Our Purpose is to:
- Contribute towards the transformation of the FSC through fostering inclusivity, unlocking opportunities and influencing the environment.
- A non-profit corporation that aims to drive transformation in the financial services sector.
Our primary activity is to:
- Delivering advocacy initiatives that have an impact on the sector
- Providing networking opportunities
- Skills development, work opportunities and career development
Our leadership portfolios include:
- Activities & Events
- Learning & Development
- Public Relations
- Think Tank
ASISA – Equity Analyst Course
Masterclass – Personal Finance Sessions, Personal Branding Session, Mental Health
Meet the managers event
Institute of Directors Programme (IODSA)
Think Tank and white paper thought leadership initiatives