The ABSIP Student Development is headed by Max Malinga, who oversees all the student affairs of ABSIP which includes the ABSIP Student.
The Student Development Programme is about training students to evolve as future leaders of a democratic society by equipping them with skills, resources and networking opportunities for them to grow individually and collectively, in respect for the law, discipline, civic sense and building sustainable knowledge and support systems for students to reach their full potential.
With a membership of over 3000 students, the ABSIP Student Chapter has presence in 12 South African universities namely:
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Johannesburg
- University of South Africa
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
- University of Western Cape
- University of Cape Town
- University of Pretoria
- University of Free State
- University of Limpopo
- North West University
- Milpark Business School
- Monash University SA
The vision of the ABSIP Student Chapter is ‘To be the lead custodian and agent of youth economic transformation in the financial services sector and the broader economy.
The mission of the ABSIP Student Chapter is to:
- Bridge the gap between university and the corporate environment, by enabling professional development from a young age
- Create a platform for students to network with professionals and stakeholders in the industry
- Create awareness of the various opportunities available in the industry and enhancing knowledge through information sharing
- Build a sustainable knowledge and support system for students to overcome hindrances, to reach their full potential and connect ideas
- Encourage entrepreneurship, innovative thinking and thought leadership.
The ABSIP Student Chapter programs cater towards student development and are as follows:
- Youth Economic Indaba
- Investment Forum
- Powerspeaks (lunch-time presentations)
- Quarterly Entrepreneurship Forums
- Career days (University and High School)
- Company visits
- Internships (with corporate members)
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org +27 10 203 9013